PEW meetin 2009, tale of a graduation

Sunday 8, March 2009
The first day of the 2009 Annual Meeting (the end is nigh). The neurobiology I session has come and gone. I am still neurobiologicaly challenged (that is, I don’t understand it as well as I should). The talks have been very good even if short (the strict 10 min time limits is quite strict). As we move in to neurobiology II I feel very good about this meeting… More on the next update.

Aaron Gitler, using yeast to study cellular consequences to protein misfolding and aggregation using high-throughput methods.

Monday 9, March 2009
After trip to El Yunque an a frugal lunch (sandwhich again) we went on to very interesting talks about cellular biology. Of particular interest was Hui Zong who set out to show very simple images as well as giving short and simple descriptions.
Some of the introductions for the two cell biology sessions were just awesome, witty and overall educational.
I am looking forward to the chalk talks after dinner…
…Later…
Chalk talk rocked! This was a very creative way to talk to other people about your current research and get a lot of feedback.

Tuesday 10, March 2009.
I am pretty sure that I want to be an Structural Biologist all my life!!! All the speakers at the session were awesome. Using EM, STC and even NMR and approaching questions of all sorts even those that sounded more typical to cellular biology.
Today is the bioluminescence trip, I’ll be gone most of the afternoon.

Wednesday 11, March 2009.
Gene regulation sessions… They have make me think about of some of the things I knew about (once upon a time in a not so far away land). I should try to renew my subscription to Nature (or get one to Science). If I wanna do it on the cheap I should at least make it my bussines to browse through each free copy accessible from UC Davis.


Morte to follow

Comments

Popular Posts