My .Xdefaults file for xterm under Mac OS X 10.5 explained

Well, the recent lost of my MBP brought about all those memories of having to check my backups for my *nix configuration files. I decided to post here one of my favorites, my .Xdefaults. This file controls the way my xterm (or X11) looks and behaves in Mac OS X:

XTerm*internalBorder: 3
XTerm*colorMode: on
XTerm*dynamicColors: on
xterm*termName: xterm-color
XTerm*ActiveIcon: true
xterm*titleBar: true
xset: fp+ /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF
xterm*scrollBar: True
xterm*JumpScroll: True
xterm*multiScroll: True
xterm*saveLines: 4096
XTerm*Foreground: white
XTerm*Background: black
XTerm*geometry: 125x35+0+0 #This is v. important for my as it specifies the width and height of the xterm window.
XTerm*VT100*scrollBar: true #This is just a graphical emulation of a scroll bar
xterm*pointerColor: blue #Since the background color is black a black pointer usually gets lost. Thus, I change its color to blue.

Well, there you go. Now that I come to think of it I don't really remember why I put most of those values there... Well, it works for me.

Comments

Popular Posts